The Steamboat Station Gift Shop features distinct areas carrying
locally and regionally produced arts, crafts, collectables, books about
the region and coffee in the mornings.
The Station Gift Shop is located within the former Delaware and Hudson
Railroad Station. The uniquely constructed Delaware and Hudson Railroad
Station was completed in 1911 and served as that railroad's Adirondack
passenger terminal (where passengers boarded the Steamboats to
continue their northward journeys) until 1957. The last train
pulled out of the Station, southbound, on the evening of October 31, 1957.
The main rooms within the Station Building have been carefully renovated
to house the Marketplace's many and varied offerings.